Thursday, August 19, 2010

Too much.

[Meant to be posted on Monday]
I know I'm posting twice in one day, but I've got so much to think about.
It's a perfect summers day and I'll be spending some of it with Zeb, but i feel that summer just isn't what it used to be.
What happened to flashlight tag and catching frogs at the lake?
Or standing in the middle of the creek with the crawdads hanging around my feet, watching the stubborn algae waver over the smoothed rocks?
Summer is no longer magical and sweet to me.
I feel like I'm in some limbo where I'm waiting for my life to start and at the same time I wish it was like it had been before: innocence, mystery, smiles. I either want my old life back or a completely different one.
And though, readers, this has been the best summer of my life, it just isn't as before.
So far this year I have been savagely heartbroken and then found love I could never have dreamed of, and for everything I am so grateful.
So what do you think:
Should I try to find the sweet summer comfort I once loved,
or should I look forward to things that may or may not be just as wonderful?

I take any opinion seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment